Friday, March 13, 2009

A quick update

My trip to the convent was wonderful - literally full of wonder. Wonder at God's love for us and this beautiful grace He's given me in my vocation. As long as all goes according to plan I'll enter religious life on the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Aug. 15). That's only five months away! I've always been a little annoyed by girls who get engaged and then go around squealing and gushing and hugging everybody. Now I get it. I hold it in pretty well, but there's definitely a part of me who wants to run up to everyone I've ever met and squeal "I'm going to be a nun!" and then hug them and jump up and down.

The details of my visit aren't too interesting because most of the important stuff happened in my heart and I have a hard time putting those things into words. You know how Mary "pondered these things in her heart"? That's what I'm doing. There are a few highlights I can mention though:
-I got to meet a few of the other Sisters. Until this visit I'd only met the Mother Superior and the two Portresses. This time I got to spend some time with the Mother Vicoress and a few of the other nuns. It was nice to get to know them and very encouraging to see how truly happy they are. It really is possible to live this way!
-Mother Clare asked if I thought I could learn to play the organ... in five months... unless Saint Cecilia wants to pray up a miracle for me I don't think it's going to happen, but I'm still committed to learning as much as I can in the time I have.
-I had the first part of my psychological testing evaluated, and I'm not crazy!

I haven't been posting since I got back because I've just been too busy. That's probably not going to change anytime soon so I won't be blogging much until after Easter. Speaking of Easter, please remember to pray for our soon to be brothers and sister who are preparing to receive the Easter sacraments! God bless you in this holy season of Lent.

3 comments:

Faith's Mystery said...

I am happy for you. :-) Very happy!

If you need help with the organ, this girl has had 8 years of classical piano lessons.

Suzanne said...

I hope that you will be able to continue blogging once you enter the convent? Otherwise, I will deeply miss reading your thoughts

A Future Carmelite said...

Congradulations! I wish I could be there to squeal and jump up and down with you! My best friend is discerning a vocation to the Poor Clares, and I am looking at the Carmelites. It is so exciting to see all that God is doing! Congradulations and God Bless!
Praying for you, your sister in Christ,
a Future Carmelite