Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm off to the convent! Just for a visit though. Please pray for me. I'll pray for you. Oh, and since I won't be back until after Ash Wednesday, I'm going to declare my Lent intentions now:

1.) No eating out. Save the money I would have spent and donate it to Catholic Relief Services and the Good Samaritan Program at my parish.

2.) No gossiping or bitching - that's right, I said bitching, because when I'm really cranky, the word "complaining" doesn't adequately describe what comes out of my mouth. Instead, I'm going to find something positive and encouraging to say. If that's not an option, I'm going to keep quiet and pray. Dear friends, please hold me to this one!

3.) Morning and Evening prayer everyday - this happens pretty often, but it needs to be the focus of my routine, not something I just fit in.

I'll probably add a few more thing once I've had a little more time for prayer and reflection on the subject.

24 hours from now, my alarm will be going off for Matins!

3 comments:

Dcn Scott Dodge said...

Dear Sara:

We will praying for you evertday. We'll pray for your discernment and that God will make it possible to bring you to the convent sooner, rather than later.

Yes, I'm Catholic said...

Thank you for your prayers on my "Yes, I'm Catholic" blog. I'm glad you commented. Now that I see that you are trying to discern a vocation, I will pray for you and follow your blog to see where God leads you.

David said...

It was great to see you back Sara and to hear how things went at the convent. I will miss your fellowship when your gone, but I'm very happy for you and will always pray for you.