Monday, February 16, 2009

Prayer requests

The world needs prayer - organized, specific, intentional prayer that seeks the will of God to be fulfilled in those we pray for. I ask your prayers for these intentions that are especially close to my heart at this time. If you have any prayer requests, please leave them in the comments and I'll update the post as I am able. Some have mentioned difficulties posting comments on my blog. Since I don't know how to fix that, please email me at eternalthermos@gmail.com if you can't post in the comment section. This post comes from my desire to be joined to others in prayer. Wherever two or three are gathered in my name....

1.) My best friend Meghann's husband Raul was sent back to Mexico a few months ago. They're having problems with his green card application. This left Meghann to care for and support their one year old daughter on her own. Meghann was recently laid off and hasn't been able to find a new job.

2.) My friend Holly's father Al suffered two heart attacks a few days ago. He seems to be doing well, but we still don't know if he'll have to undergo open heart surgery. More information here on Scott's blog (Holly is his wife).

3.) Suzanne's mom is battling cancer again. More information on her blog here.

4.) Annie is in need of a new job as well.

5.) Jennifer of Conversion Diary is getting ready to be induced in about two weeks. This baby will make four children under five years old! Jennifer has difficult pregnancies to to a clotting disorder. Read more in this post from August where she announces baby number four.

6.) My mother is a respiratory therapist. She often works in the ER taking care of trauma patients. Recently a man was brought in who had tried to end his life by shooting himself in the head. He didn't die, but his face is almost completely gone.

7.) Michelle and her husband are seeking a deeper relationship with God.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Dear Sara, Thank you for inviting people to pray for my mom. We still don't know whether and to what extent her treatment is effective, but she is very pleased and impressed with the care she is receiving at the new hospital.

From reading your blog, and knowing your friendship with Scott, I consider you a friend (Chris Bacich gave us this definition of a friend at the GS winter vacation this weekend: Someone who helps me to happiness -- who points the way to happiness). In this sense, you are even my sister.

Faith's Mystery said...

All are in my prayers.

Please everyone, pray for Sara, as she discerns the religious life and travels. :)

Also, my father as he continues his treatments for prostate cancer.

And for my family, that they will be led to God.

annie said...

Thanks for including me on your list! I really appreciate your kindness.

I will truly be thinking about everyone else on your list as well and sending my best.