Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Prayer request

As you may or may not know, I'm scheduled for kidney surgery on the 22nd. I'm starting a novena today and asking for your prayers. St. Benedict is the patron Saint of kidney issues, and he's been very helpful thus far. The 22nd is the memorial of the Queenship of Our Lady, and she's always been gratuitously good to me, so I'm feeling blessed all around.
This whole situation has actually been a blessing because I've learned so much. My understanding of God's goodness has been deepened and broadened. His goodness transcends our limited experience. It's not just what He does, it's Who He is! I've experienced His love and strength in countless ways, but I sense it most through the prayers of those who care about me. This strengthens my faith in my vocation - I hope my prayers can help others (especially those who suffer) to encounter the love of God who is Love Himself. Thank you for your prayers - past, present and future.