Thursday, November 20, 2008

7 random things about me

I guess I've always known this day would come. I've been tagged. Annie of Well, That Would Be Telling tagged me with the 7 random things meme. Unfortunately, this meme has already gone around most of the blogs I read, so I don't think I have anyone left to tag. I can, however, tell you 7 random things you didn't know about me...

1.) I HATE being sung to on my birthday. And if you think it might be funny to do it anyway, I can't be held responsible for the outcome. Please, please, please don't sing to me. I mean it. Just don't.
2.) I took a "which The Office character are you?" quiz once. I was sure the result would be Phylis. No, it was Dwight. Dwight! I was horrified. Still am.
3.) My mom is gay - transgendered actually - and most of the people in my life can't comprehend how the daughter of a lesbian could possible end up a cloistered nun. I'm asked about it on an almost daily basis. I can't understand what the problem is here. I really don't get it. It baffles me that so many people are baffled.
3a.) Because I was raised by a mom who thinks she's my dad, I can't do my hair, paint my nails, etc. I can, however build a bookshelf, change a tire, plunge a toilet and split firewood.
4.) For years, some friends and I have played this "perfect man" game. We create the perfect man by adding up percentages of men who actually exist. My current perfect man: 50% Thomas Merton, 20% Steven Colbert, 10% Bobby Flay, 10% Lasagna Man from the lasagna episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay, 5% Johnny Depp in Willy Wonka (minus the greenish complexion), 5% Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean.
5.) For me, changing into my pajamas is like hitting reset. When work is really crazy, I just keep telling myself "In a few more hours, you'll be in your pajamas and everything will be all better." Poor Clares don't have pajamas - they sleep in their habits. Not sure how well I'm going to handle that.
6.) I take voice lesson with the cantor at my parish so that I'll be able to chant on key once I'm in the convent. If this seems silly to you it's because you have no idea how unbelievably badly I used to sing. Now I actually do okay. I've actually said the words "I rocked Vespers last night." I meant it too - I rocked it hard.
7.) I think it would be nice to have a little farm. Every morning I'd milk the cow and gather eggs from the chickens. Maybe the nuns will get some animals...

Since I have no one left to tag with this meme, I think I'll make up a new one. We'll call it the 3 meme. Here are the rules: answer the three questions and tag three people.

1.) If you had to give one million dollars to any 3 charities, which ones would you choose and why?
2.) If you could only ever read 3 books again, which books would you choose and why?
3.) If you could somehow incorporate 3 people (living or dead) into your family who would you want to be realted to?

I tag Annie of Well, that would be telling..., David of A Roman Catholic Convert and Scott of Καθολικός διάκονος !

1 comment:

annie said...

I will still do your tagging!

Hey, how was your Thanksgiving? I thought about you and your veggie Thanksgiving - the last before you enter the convent! I'm sorry I didn't post more recipes!