Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Last night's supper

The following recipe was made, eaten and cleaned up in under 45 minutes.


3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 of an onion, chopped

In a large heavy pot, saute the above ingredients in a little olive oil or butter.

Add the following:

2 cans of diced tomatoes, drained
2 cans of beans, drained (I used great northern beans and kidney beans, but I think any kind you like would work)
Enough vegetable or chicken stock to achieve the desire consistency
Any seasonings you like (I added a little oregano, parsley and basil)
If you'd like, throw in a handful or two of any frozen vegetables you have on hand - I added spinach and carrots.

If you want to keep things healthy, stop there. If you're not worried so much about the healthiness or are incapable of eating anything without cheese (raising my hand) ladle out the servings, then top each with a handful of bread crumbs and a handful of mozzarella cheese to make a super-thick, super-cheesy bowl of goodness.

2 comments:

annie said...

Oooh, you are right; this sounds delicious! I will definitely have to make this!

David said...

okay now I am hungry, time for dinner